April Small Goals

For the past couple of weeks I unintentionally ended up on a social media detox (minus instagram, although I did go a day here or there without posting).  It’s been so good for me! I haven’t filmed a single video and it’s taken me a full three weeks to complete one book, which is simply unheard of.  But… I’m kind of loving it.  I know I will be back to making videos very soon (in fact, I’m planning on filming this weekend) but I feel like I’ve learned a lot about myself and rekindled my love of some interests that have fallen to the wayside due to lack of time in recent years.  I’ve made daily yoga a priority and I’ve been putting more time into meal planning, cooking, and baking which has left me feeling refreshed, excited and healthful.  I also did a major book unhaul and I have to admit that I’m terrified to upload a new video and have everyone ask what happened to my rainbow bookshelves!

April Small Goals

1) Spring Cleaning – I’ve already done some Spring cleaning- I outlined each category in checklist form that I plan to clean and I’ve been making it a priority to tackle different areas each day.  One thing I am grateful for is the book collection spreadsheet I made.  It was much easier to decide what to unhaul by scrolling through excel than physically looking at my shelves.  It helped eliminate my emotional attachment and I was able to make a clear list of what I didn’t need to keep.  From there, it was just a lot of pulling the titles off of my shelf and throwing them in the donate pile!
2) Drop Off Donations – Once I finish cleaning, I want to drop off the donations as soon as possible.  I hate seeing them crowd my apartment and taking up valuable space.  I may even make multiple trips as I clean instead of trying to do everything at once (did I mention I’m getting rid of over 200 books?).
3) Adulting – Andrew absolutely hates this term but I couldn’t think of anything better to quickly summarize this goal.  I mentioned in an earlier post that Andrew and I have been budgeting recently (a feat that’s simple for him and near impossible for this clothes horse / bookworm / accessory addict).  We have this really intense spreadsheet to keep track of everything we’re spending and I’ve basically lived in for the past month when I’m not obsessively adjusting my shopping carts to stay within budget.  With one month down, I feel fantastic after seeing how much we were able to save after our expenses simply by determining a reasonable budget and sticking to it.  Since I’m a bit of a numbers nerd, I’m excited to move on to our April sheet!  Seeing it all laid out in front of my eyes really helps me stay focused.  Along with this goal, I want to continue doing some little things that used to build up at the end of the week- immediately opening parcels / mail, prepping my lunch for work on Sundays instead of scrambling each morning, doing the dishes in a timely manner no matter how strongly I’d rather do anything else, etc.
4) Habit Tracking / Bullet Journaling – In the beginning of the year, I began using a habit tracker and I’m pleased to say that it worked really well for me.  I fell off using it in March but I’m planning on creating a new version tonight (I use checklist pages within my planner so it’s really easy) and I want to stick to it as much as I did in the past.  The desire has also struck to start a new bullet journal (this will be my third) but I want it to differ from my past two.  I have one fandom bullet journal and one bookish bullet journal but I’m planning on making a more general one for myself.  Mostly to create lists and such since I already have a planner but with a broader focus than my other two.  I already have quite a few planned pages so it’s just a matter of sitting down to do it.

9 Responses to “April Small Goals”

Yay for a social media detox! I always have to remember myself that Instagram exists when I should go back checking it out on Monday morning LOL!

As much as I love the bullet journal method, I’ve never managed to stick with the habit tracker, I feel too annoying having to remember about it every day, I don’t even know how many trackers I started during the years and now I’m accepting that’s not my jam.
    Alice recently posted…April Small GoalsMy Profile

Isn’t that the best feeling?! I can’t even believe how little I miss everything and how much better I feel like I’m taking care of myself day to day. I hear you with the habit tracker! I’m a list person through and through so checking something off that I’ve completed is what I live for. I’m much more likely to keep up with daily routines and tasks if I know I can cross it off a list. Or if I know that not doing it will ruin a perfect streak for me lol!

2. hillary says:

I use an app called Exist for habit tracking.. I have a planner but I am much more a tech nerd than a paper planner nerd. I ried the bullet journal once and I cant draw pretty enough to suit me so I gave that up fast.

Oooh I’m going to have to check that out! I would love to be able to have the list with me on the go. And I hear you re: bullet journaling! It can be so discouraging to spend so much time creating a page and then if you make a single mistake it feels like everything is ruined. That’s why I’m sticking to a more general feel for my new one!

3. Kay says:

Yes for a social media detox! While I haven’t left completely I have been far better about scrolling. I have two set times a day where I can check Twitter + Instagram, and I’ve kept posting to a minimum (though I do keep stories updated regularly). I was honestly amazed at how little I missed it! Congrats on daily yoga; that’s one thing I really need to get back to! Best of luck with April’s goals!

I’ve been put on a WiFi ban from morning till about 5pm so I can’t really do much with the limited data on my phone but it’s been good because I’m wasting less time just scrolling through things and getting all the stuff I need done! Well done on the Yoga I’m slowly getting back into it to because my muscles are so damn tight, so far I’ve managed to squeeze in a mini 10 minute workout/stretch session in the evening but hopefully I’ll find time to do a mini session in the mornings to xoxo
    Cate recently posted…Style Korean A.C.N.E. Try Me! Review Me! Box – KBeauty for Acne Prone SkinMy Profile

5. Gillian says:

I am not a creative person at all but I love that I can do whatever I want with my bullet journal, even if it’s not as pretty as everyone else’s. My habit tracker is probably the most colorful page in mine. If I had the patience to learn all the skills other bujo users have, things would be different but I’m good with how mine is. :)
    Gillian recently posted…visit: macy’s flower showMy Profile

6. I love all of these new self care things you are doing! Ever since I saw your Yoga post, I’ve been doing Yoga with Adrienne videos and I LOVE them. They’ve helped a LOT with my lower back pain and have just helped me feel a bit less stressed overall. While I haven’t been doing them daily, I’ve been doing them 2-3 times a week and hoping to start doing even more!
    Cristina @ Girl in the Pages recently posted…Monthly TBR Plan: April 2018My Profile

7. Leigha says:

I just started a BuJo. I’ve been thinking about it for several months, but finally felt the urge to take the plunge. So far, so good! Mine is very similar to the one you want – a general place to keep my thoughts and lists. Good luck your April goals!