My 2016 Peter Pan Reading Challenge

A few days ago I decided it would be fun to add one more reading challenge to my list for 2016.  Since there have been so many Peter Pan retellings released in the past couple of years, I decided to challenge myself to read one Peter Pan retelling per month in 2016 (and of course I had to create a fun graphic to go along with it to outline my year!).  Unlike the other 2016 Reading Challenges that I’ve signed up for, this is one that I created for myself.  Anyone is welcome to join in for fun but it’s more of an impulsive challenge than an officially hosted one.  Some of the books listed below will be rereads for me which I can also count toward the reread challenge.  I’ve been wanting to revisit the Peter and the Starcathers series again so I chose to start those in my birthday month!

Peter Pan Reading Challenge 2016

Buy the books!

January –Wendy Darling: A Novel

February – Unhooked

March – Hook (The Untold Stories of Neverland Book 2)

April – Second Star

May – Never Never

June – Peter Pan (Puffin Chalk)

July – Peter and the Starcatchers

August – Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers)

September – Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers)

October – Tiger Lily

November – Hook’s Revenge, Book 1 Hook’s Revenge

December – Pan: The Untold Stories of Neverland (Volume 1)

12 Responses to “My 2016 Peter Pan Reading Challenge”

1. This is awesome! I’ll have to add a few to my TBR.
    Lauren @ Bookmark Lit recently posted…2015 End of Year Book SurveyMy Profile

This is an adorable challenge (and very you)! Here’s to hoping you read them all :D
    Alexa S. recently posted…2015 Reading Challenges + Resolutions RecapMy Profile

3. […] Peter Pan Retellings Reading Challenge created by SuperSpaceChick […]

4. Annya says:

What a great challenge! I love Peter Pan and have been wanting to read more of the great retellings I’ve seen lately. These are awesome suggestions and I’m definitely going to try to read many of these next year! :)

5. […] Peter Pan Reading Challenge hosted by Super Space Chick (monthly challenge, no sign ups) […]

This is a wonderful idea!! I love Peter Pan and I’ve never read a retelling of the story before! I have one book. I haven’t read it yet and I want to read more of them already! Definitely want to join in on this challenge as much as I can!
    Sara Strauss recently posted…Favorite Things & Ch-Ch-Changes!My Profile

7. Emma A says:

What a fun challenge!

8. Nina says:

I adore this book challenge! This also reminds me that I still actually need to finish the original Peter Pan novel before I dive into any other works with the Pan mythology :)
    Nina recently posted…So This is the New Year (So Far)My Profile

9. stephen white says:

Here is a link to a faithful adaptation of the original story as a graphic novel, that might be of interest you.

10. Half of these are on my TBR list, and the other half are on my READ AND LOVED list! I love Peter Pan, and I love Peter Pan retellings! As an author, I even tackled my own retelling from Tiger Lily’s point of view. Don’t worry, it’s different from Jodi Lynn Anderson’s (which was excellent, btw). If you’re interested in adding some 2017 reads, you can find my book in my website link. At any rate, I love that I have some company in my Peter Pan obsession! :-)